The core values of the University are derived from our learner-focused mission and vision, and are articulated and advanced through the promotion of the following planning themes:
- Collaboration through the establishment of a range of strategic relationships at regional, national and international level. Such networks will have the potential to inspire our learners, staff and partners to create exciting new learning futures.
- Inclusivity through putting learners first and championing lifelong learning without barriers; and supporting students from all backgrounds and at all stages of their education.
- Employability and creativity by harnessing the entrepreneurial, research, creative and enterprising skills of our learners, we can offer educational programmes that allow our students to have the best opportunities to gain employment and develop their transferable skills.
- Sustainable Development through a system-based approach to delivering meaningful and relevant educational pathways that promotes learning and social responsibility.
- Wales and its distinctiveness through celebrating the distinctive linguistic and cultural assets and heritage of Wales.
- The concept of Global Citizenship through the development of further multi-national activities and opportunities for our learners, staff and partners.
- Research and its impact on policy by ensuring that our research activity and outcomes influence the evidence base of policies developed in Wales and beyond. UWTSD at a glance .